Den Frie Centre of Contemporary Art announces an OPEN CALL for exhibitions in winter 2019/2020.
Grab the chance and apply for an exhibition period in our unique, historical galleries. We encourage artists, artist groups, artist associations and networks in Denmark and abroad to respond to our annual Open Call by submitting exhibition proposals for an exhibition period of approximately 6 weeks in winter 2019/2010. The deadline for applications is August 20th, 2018.
At Den Frie Centre of Contemporary Art our mission is to host exhibitions rooted in the collective traditions of the institution, providing a space dedicated to artists and hosting a diverse range of exhibitions, projects and activities created by multiple artists in close dialogue with the artists, their art and the public.
The annual Open Call is for projects with a collective base, and we prioritise the following in evaluating applications:
- Projects that challenge and experiment with the format of group exhibitions and exhibitions by artists’ associations.
- Exhibitions that are relevant and meaningful for art, the artists, and the public.
- All Open Call projects are to be artist initiatives curated by artists.
The exhibition is to use all the ground-floor galleries (700m2 in total).
In principle the organiser(s) of the exhibition are responsible for all exhibition expenses. Den Frie Centre of Contemporary Art will, however, assist with fundraising to secure the highest possible level of funding for the exhibition. There is no exhibition fee at Den Frie, but expenses for exhibition production, installation, marketing, etc. are to be expected.
How to Apply
Proposals are to be submitted as a collated PDF and be sent to email@example.com Deadline: August 20th, 2018.
Your application should include:
- A summary of the project description with the exhibition title and number of participating artists
- 1 A4 page project description
- Budget and financing plan
- Visual documentation of works and CVs of the participating artists
Den Frie Centre of Contemporary Art’s exhibition programme is planned by the artistic director of Den Frie and approved by the board of Den Frie Centre of Contemporary Art.